Catherine, whom I feel would be my best friend if we lived near each other, nominated me for the Awesome Blogger Award. She’s awesome. I gave her a shout out in a previous blog, but here’s her blog again.
What is the Awesome Blogger Award?
This award was created by Miss Maggie over at Dreaming of Guatemala! And she says: “This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
Rules of This Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you & include the reason behind the award.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
So here are the questions Catherine asked me.
1. What motivates/inspires you?
I know everyone is tired of me mentioning this motivation, but it would have to be my workout buddy Gary. He’s been through a lot of negative things, including nearly dying in November. He uses his second chance at life to take up boxing.
2. What kind of music do you like?
Rock (no preference over the style of rock), 90s Eurodance, Electronic Dance Music (EDM), and alternative music.
3. Do you read? What is your favorite book?
I have recently started reading physical books again. My favorite book is a tie between Nineteen Minutes (warning: the book contains a school shooting, relationship abuse, bullying, and suicide. Don’t read the book if you are triggered by anything I just listed) and I Can’t Think Straight (review will come later).
4. Do you like sport? Which is your favorite?
I never played many sports, but tennis is my favorite.
5. What’s your weirdest pet-peeve?
Hmmm, if I have to pick one, it’s people telling me to stop talking about a guy I like. I’ve experienced this since middle school and two people in university wrote a collaborative letter to me telling me to either talk to the guy in microbiology class I thought was cute or stop talking to them. I no longer talk to them.
6. What’s the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you?
There are so many things that happened to me, so I’m just going to pick one. A few months ago in kickboxing, my coach teased me about wanting Gary’s phone number (to check on my workout buddy whenever he’s not in the boxing gym). When Gary came back, I had him ask Coach about what he teased me about. Coach tried to pretend that he couldn’t remember and tried to make me say that I wanted Gary’s phone number. I got Gary’s number, so yay! It was funny because I thought I was blushing so hard when trying to get Coach to say it so I wouldn’t have to.
7. What actor would play you in a movie about your life?
I was actually thinking about this recently, and I had no idea. I still don’t know, to be honest. I want to say Sarah Barrable-Tishauer (Liberty van Zandt from Degrassi), but she no longer acts. She’s a DJ now.
8. What is your perfect pizza?
Barbecue chicken pizza, but without onions. I have yet to find a pizza place that doesn’t put onions in barbecue chicken pizza. It’s barbecue chicken pizza, not barbecue chicken and onion pizza!
9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
Probably Seattle or Portland. Portland because of the show Portlandia and their giant book store Powell’s Books, and Seattle because there was a girl who liked me and she lives in Seattle.
10. How do you spend your free time?
When I’m not at work or at kickboxing class, I sit on my butt in front of the computer.
It looks like I’m supposed to nominate some people now. I nominate the following people.
My questions I want you to answer:
- What language would you like to learn?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is something you now like that you didn’t like before?
- What is currently your favorite song?
- If you wrote a script for a movie, what would it be about?
- Would you ever want any piercings?
- Did you ever have a crush on a cartoon character or anime character?
- If you were given $100, what would you spend it on?
- What was the best birthday present you have ever received?
- What instrument do you want to learn to play?