Hello readers! This is DiaryOfSelf and I can now say that I am 18 months away from walking down the aisle and saying I do to marrying Franklin. I’m not going to do any major counting down on any websites or apps until after my cousin’s wedding at the end of April. I’m kind of counting down HIS wedding because I’m going to be a bridesmaid. By the time of his wedding, Franklin and I will be less than 14 months out from our wedding.
So let’s start with what I’ve done so far for my wedding!
- Booked the venue
- Comes with an in-house caterer
- Booked all the major vendors
- Photography and Videography Team
- Asked my grandmother to read a wedding-related scripture
- The bible scripture will be of my choosing since I don’t want any verses with the wife having to obey or have to be subservient sexist bullshit
- Decided on the women who will stand beside me during the ceremony
- Have not asked them yet. I’ll do that about 9 or 10 months beforehand
- Decided on who will be the best man and two of the groomsmen
- They won’t be asked yet, but the best man and one groomsman will be asked sooner than the other two because they have to fly from out-of-state
- Chose wedding colors
- The colors will be blue and gold, since that’s one of the results that showed up when I was looking at a royal color scheme (since my wedding will have some similarities to the royal wedding)
What we’ll be doing next between the end of the semester and the 12-month mark
- Get a strict hold on the guest list
- We’ve been asked by vendors and we just keep giving them a range based off of what we came up with when having the venue consultation back in September
- We want to start paring down the guest list if we go past the maximum our venue coordinator set and add people if we’re under the minimum
- We need to decide the minimum age of kids to invite
- Exception will include my niece, who will be the flower girl (she’ll be 6 at the time of the wedding) and Franklin’s nephew, who will be the ring bearer (he’ll be 3 at the time of the wedding). They’re in the wedding.
- Maybe we’ll figure out the last groomsman, but I know for sure we will need to get that figured out by the time I asked the women whom I want standing by my side
Ugh, the next six months are going to drag since there won’t be major needed bookings to be done.